A special thanks to everyone who has helped with suggestions, photos and encouragement! I'm always looking for new parks to try, please feel free to send me your suggestions. I also welcome your pictures and comments about parks you have visited in the area.

Monday, May 23, 2011

South Barrington Community Park

Community Park, South Barrington
8 Bridges Drive

This is a newer park located off Bartlett Road, just north of Rt. 72 and the Arboretum of South Barrington.In addition to swings, there are two great sets of equipment with lots of neat things we don't see often at other parks. The larger equipment is really challenging for younger kids, they have to scale a pretty tall climbing wall to even reach the 3 slides. I don't think I would even climb it myself! But the equipment geared towards the younger kids is big enough with plenty to do. There are some nice areas to picnic and plenty of parking. There was a porta-potty there the last time we visited, but we didn't see any permanent bathrooms.


This equipment is quite challenging for little kids. The yellow thing with holes is the only access to the three large slides. The top of that is way too high for my 4 year old, but maybe older kids might enjoy the climb!


No comments:

Post a Comment